I provide legal knowledge and training to bridge the gap between law and the business. I help your business people understand key issues, protect your business and achieve your goals.
I can help you with:
- Corporate Law
- Business Law
- Fundraising Law
- In-house Counsel
- Employee Interactions
- Risk Management
I’ve spent over 7 years working as a senior lawyer in a bank, bridging the gap between external counsel on the one hand and management and business teams on the other. I understand first-hand the legal issues that business people encounter. I also have considerable experience instructing external lawyers and managing legal projects and costs.
I have a straightforward, down to earth training style. I explain complex legal issues in a straightforward way. Training is brought to life with real life anecdotes and discussions. My goal is that all attendees leave with a greater understanding of the legal issues discussed, why they matter and how to deal with them confidently and competently.
Business people are empowered when they understand legal issues, can recognise risks and manage matters confidently.
I help bridge the gap between lawyers and business people – to help businesses get the best of legal analysis and business acumen, to reduce risk and achieve commercial goals.
- Co-Founder & General Counsel at Australia’s most awarded small business online law firm
- 15+ years’ experience as a corporate lawyer working in a global law firm and an investment bank
- Several years working in Asia including Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Thailand and Indonesia
- Several years as a Director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch working closely with senior management.
- Many years working with high-profile Australian listed companies including BHP, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, NAB, ANZ, QBE Insurance and Westfield.
- Many years working with investment banks and private equity houses in Australia including Goldman Sachs, Macquarie, Citigroup, ABN Amro, Carlyle Group, CVC Capital, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan and UBS.
- 1 year as Director of own Business Law & Consulting Group.
- Masters of Law and Management, University of New South Wales / Australian Graduate School of Management
- Leadership and Strategic Thinking Program, Macquarie Graduate School of Management
- Bachelor of Law, First Class Honours, University of Tasmania
- Bachelor of Science, University of Tasmania
Face to Face Consulting
Ursula’s face-to-face legal work – details.