I am a Virtual CFO who helps owners of small and medium size business find their hidden cash. I help my clients organise and use their financial information in a manner that supports informed business decisions. I will give you the confidence to take considered risks, grow your business and prosper.
I can help you with:
- Turning your business plan into a sophisticated three-way financial forecast that will help you understand the funding requirements of that plan
- Management reporting that focuses on the drivers of business cash flow
- Connecting your numbers to the operational health of your business
- Education – how to use and interpret your financial information
- Book-keeping support
My first career was as a banker. I started out lending to SME clients and ended up 25 years later lending to clients at the big end of town.
It was clear to me, right from the beginning, that there were lots of good SME businesses out there, but also that most of them did not know how to make the best use of their financial information.
So, when my banking finished I decided to take some of the big end of town skills I had learnt and apply them to help the small end of town do it better. Hence, I started my Virtual CFO practice.
The “virtual” nature of what I do simply denotes that whilst I am not always physically present at my clients’ places of work, I am always available to them.
Clients that work with me regularly:
- know exactly where their business stands financially
- develop the confidence to take considered risks
- continually improve their business and can measure the outcome of that process
- know how to use their numbers to identify parts of their business that need attention
- know how to prioritise the order in which that attention is given
- understand the drivers of business cashflow and how their decisions impact on that cashflow
Clients that I have and am currently providing Virtual CFO services to include;
- A metal manufacturing business with 20 staff, production facilities local and offshore and a turnover of $6m (2013 to present).
- An importer and wholesaler of home brand products with 5 staff and a turnover of $7m (2014 to present).
- A seasonal food manufacturer with up to 150 staff, local production facilities and a turnover of $15m (2014 to present).
- A food manufacturer with 40 staff, local production facilities and a turnover of $14m (2013 to 2016).
- An importer and wholesaler of retail bags and provider of cargo protection products with 25 staff and a turnover of $25m (2015 to present).
- An importer and wholesaler of rubber and carpet mats for use in the Automotive and Industrial markets, with staff of 10 and a turnover of $11m (2014 to present).
- An importer and wholesaler of basic and winter fashion clothing with 8 staff and a turnover of $5.5m (2015 to present).
- A new start business supplying sauna equipment and rooms (2016 to present).
- A corporate health service provider with a staff of 5 and a turnover of $2m (2014 to 2015).
- A recruitment agency with staff of 20 and a turnover of $10m (2014).
- A retail fashion buying group with turnover of $50m (2013).
- B.Comm (Finance) from University of NSW (1987)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia (1992)
- CPA Programme through CPA Australia (2001)
- Founding member of the Association of Virtual CFOs (2016)