I help professionals of all levels – from CEOs to job seekers – develop and project the personal and professional image they need to build credibility, generate trust, and get the job!
I can help you with:
- delivering compelling and memorable presentations that hit your target
- conveying a confident and convincing image in media interviews
- writing documents and presentation materials that are clear, focussed on the target audience, and elicit the desired response
- building communication skills and work habits that promote strong professional relationships
- leading yourself and your team with integrity
- developing and implementing learning programs for your staff that build skills and confidence, and promote retention.
I am a learning, performance and development consultant with more than 25 years’ experience, both within Australia and internationally. I started my Australian-based consultancy in 2000, after immigrating from Canada.
I benefit from the variety that comes from working with a diverse client base and learn as much from them as they do from me. I particularly enjoy building long-term relationships with clients. My professional philosophy is, ‘listen first’.
When I’m not helping people learn or learning myself, I am a proud wife and mother of two sons and a dog named Beans.
- Instructional design – I have written training and assessment materials used by more than 100 organisations throughout Australia and internationally
- Training and education – I deliver accredited and non-accredited adult training and education for various corporate, government and community-based clients. I specialise in training topics such as Certificate IV Training and Assessment and other accredited ‘TAE’ programs, presentation and media skills, assertiveness techniques, time management, leadership and other topics that contribute to personal effectiveness
- An Olympian, I coach elite athletes in presentation, media and personal leadership skills
- Speaker – I regularly speak or act as master of ceremonies at conferences and special events, and have announced or commentated at numerous sport events, including World Championships, Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada)
- Bachelor of Arts degree – English and French (Simon Fraser University)
- TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAFE)
- TAE50211 Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAFE)
- TAA50104 Diploma in Training and Assessment (TAFE)
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Australian Institute of Management, NSW & ACT)
- TAA40104 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment(Manly Warringah Community College)
- BSZ40198 Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (Manly Warringah Community College)
- Level 3 (national level) sport coach (National Coaching Federation of Canada)
Face to Face Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (accredited program) – details.
- Influential Presentation Skills – details.
- Train the Trainer – details.
- Facilitation skills – details.
- Win/win customer service – details.
- Time management – details.
- Assertiveness techniques – details.
- Communication skills for professionals – may include face to face communication, business writing, or team leadership – details.